The Twyford Playgroup annual trip will visit Sir Harold Hillier Gardens in Ampfield this year. Please see emails from Pamela for dates.
This trip is at no charge made possible by the generous fundraising of our community and local businesses who support us.
What to wear:
Hiller Gardens is in an area where risk of Lyme Disease is high. As such even on hot days we ask that you and your child dress as follows:
Long sleeves and long trousers / leggings.
Wellie boots or other sturdy shoes which cover the whole foot.
Meet at the reception of Hillier Gardens at 9:15 for a prompt 9:30 departure.
The leaders at Hillers will guide us in two activities during the morning. We have selected these to be different from previous visits.
The official part of the trip lasts around two hours. We will then head back to the education centre to collect any picnics or belongings which have been stored there.
You are welcome to stay, picnic and enjoy the grounds for the rest of the day.
Children need to be accompanied by an adult. Please advise Pamela if your child will be coming with a friend.
What to bring:
Bring a packed lunch, snacks and water.
How to get there:
- From Twyford, take Finches Lane to Shawford
- Turn left towards Otterborne at the end of the road
- At the first roundabout turn right along Poles lane towards Hursley
- Turn left at in Hursley at the end of the road
- Follow the road through Ampfield
- Look for brown signs to Hiller Gardens and take the right turning in Ampfield into Jermyns Lane
- Hillier gardens is on the right of Jermyns Lane shortly after the PYO farm on the left
Here is a Google map with directions. If you can view it please click here.